Intel Graphics Driver: System booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky116

In Runtime
Hi from yesterday i am having this problem.

after i switch on my system, it automatically shuts down (no display on screen, black screen i.e.) and then i have to restart. after whi ch i get a message "system has recovered from serious error, report to microsoft"

so i did today and was directed to the following page...

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=e37cd463-4d9b-4ae0-b538-81c192ec54b1&SID=519

Message There Said:

Solution found: contact Intel® Corporation to obtain the update

Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

Intel Graphics Driver

Solution

Intel Graphics Driver was created by Intel® Corporation. Intel® Corporation informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Intel® Corporation recommends that you visit the following website:

Intel® Corporation

More information

Microsoft did not create, nor does it provide technical support for Intel Graphics Driver.
If you have trouble installing the fix or the problem you reported persists, please contact Intel® Corporation and alert them of the problem.

After i clicked on Intel link i went to this page:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-004230.htm

Message there said:

Graphics
hkcmd.exe or hccutils.dll error or system crash with Symantec* PCAnywhere*

Symptom(s):

Error: "hkcmd.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
Error: "IsDisplayValid could not be located in the dynamic link library hccutils.dll"
System boots into VGA mode after installing the graphics driver.
System gets a blue screen error or reboots when accessing Display Properties.
System gets a blue screen error or reboots when right clicking on the desktop.
System gets a blue screen error or reboots when clicking on the Intel® icon in the system tray.

Solution:
Download and install version 6.5.2 or later of the graphics drivers (EXE format). Alternatively, download the graphics drivers in ZIP format, extract the ZIP file, then run the following command line:
setup -16x800x600x60

After installing the updated drivers, you may need to switch PCAnywhere* into compatibility mode and back into accelerated mode by doing the following:
1) Start the system in Safe Mode by pressing F8 during bootup.
2) Run PCAnywhere.
3) From the "Tools" menu, choose "Application Options"
4) Go to the "Host Operation" tab
5) From the "Video mode selection" drop-down list, choose "Compatibility".
6) Reboot the system.
7) Switch back to accelerated mode.

This applies to: Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller

Solution ID: CS-004230 (9.0.1020104.3226954)
Date Created: 30-Dec-2002
Last Modified: 23-Jun-2006

Solution page led to:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Support_Intel.aspx

My Questions Are:

What exactly happened here?
Whats Intel Graphics do?
What exact product/support must i now download from the solutions page to fix this problem?

please if anyone has any idea help me.

i updated the driver to latest version PV14.17

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

On start up the first message that greets me is "system has recovered from serious error, contact microsoft..." etc

so i am directed to the Microsoft online crash analtsis page and shown same error "it has been caused by graphics driver"!

i checked the device manager and saw the driver has updated!

so what is causing the message now?

note that i didnt have another shutdown again. but that may be because i wasnt online for too long.

could it be because i must also update driver on Windows 98?

this update was performed on my XP Professional.

kindly help with some ideas...

I had the same problem after I tried to instal a new graphics card. Then I tried toswitch back to my old one. Same message. After I went through all the so called "Solutions" I ended up having to reformat my comp and install new graphics card from sytem setup. I still dont really know what the **** happened but I lost everything I held dear to me that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom