Where to find MS Virtual Machine on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightngsvt

Baseband Member
How can you tell if VM is installed on a PC (2K or XP)? Also where do you go to change the settings of the VM? We have an internet app thatr requires VM. A user is unable to access it and was told to go to their VM settings, but I have never tried to configure VM before and dont know where to go to do it. TIA.

right click on internet explorer icon on the desktop, then goto properties, click advanced, scroll all the way until you find Microsoft VM
If its not in there then you've probably manually updated to service pack 1 and from what I understand, due to the lawsuit the Sun won, is removed. You could do a search for Microsoft VM in Google and find a download for it.

It was installed manually from CD already, but... In IE, I see the Microsoft Vm and 3 lines under it in Advanced. But is there a better way to tell version and change settings (like the Java console)?

best way to find version is start/find/files or folders (hint, its in the winnt\system32) right click and click properties and then version tab. also rt click IE properties, security then custom for security zone levels and scroll down to MSVM for java applet sections then back to properties check the advanced tab

oh yeah, in the advanced make sure you have the java console checked. then when you close and reopen IE you goto view menu and select java console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom