Help me decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Joshly

Baseband Member
Hey again,
I recently posted that I was going to buy the ASRock 775Dual-VSTA, a Pentium D 805, 512 MB of DDR2 RAM PC4200, and a 550w PSU.
(Pentium D because of my low budget. ASRock 775Dual-VSTA because it supports C2D and Pentium D so I would be able to upgrade in the future.)

I have now found another board. It is mATX.. But.. I really don't need more than two PCI slots, and this has a PCI-E slot, and it has onboard graphics, so I can use the onboard until I upgrade to a PCI-E graphics card (Yes, I know, Onboard Graphics always suck. :p). Also this mobo supports C2D and Pentium D (Once again, because of my low low budget.)
The board is called MSI P4M890M-L, here's the link: http://msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=P4M890M-L&class=mb

Anyway, I was wondering if I should go with that board, or the other.

Here's what I have come up with so far:
MSI P4M890M-L Motherboard ($115.74 AUD)
Pentium D 805 CPU ($165.40 AUD)
512 MB of PC4200 DDR2 RAM ($84.80 AUD)
CX-5762 KME Midtower Case with a 400w PSU (400w would probably not be enough, am I right?) (I don't actually need this case, it's just that I want a case that actually looks good :)) ($48.67 AUD)
500w Everpower 2.0 PSU ($65.97 AUD)

That comes to a total of $480.58 AUD
And postage is $13.71 AUD (They must live in the same area as me :D)

Cheers

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you.
I already have all of the Hard drives and optical drives, and monitor and keyboard and mouse. :p

Ooh, and I don't need to actually buy that case, so I could maybe not buy it, and put that money towards a graphics cards... But I really want that case... Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom