MS tightens the cuffs. Have fun, Windows users. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll just stick with windows xp. although i dont think that it will support dx10.

Why not? It should support DX10...

I'll probably stick with XP too, even if my new PC is Vista capable; Acer is lying.

Yeah, because so far all of what Google has done has sucked. Google Earth, Maps, Search Engine, Picasa, Sketchup. Man, they can't write software to save their life. Google OS? LOL WHAT A JOKE HAHAHA.

Lame.

The General said:
Yeah, because so far all of what Google has done has sucked. Google Earth, Maps, Search Engine, Picasa, Sketchup. Man, they can't write software to save their life. Google OS? LOL WHAT A JOKE HAHAHA.

Lame.
Other than their Search engine they haven't created anything. For instance, Google Earth was a technology already made by Keyhole (i think) and Google bought them and refined it.

I mean I just think that Google is working on so much crap at one time, they wouldn't spend enough time refining a great OS. I could be wrong.

I'm here to tell you that virtually everything you've read online about the changes to Windows Vista's end-user license agreement (EULA) is wrong. Microsoft is limiting your rights to transfer Windows to new PCs? Wrong. Microsoft is limiting your ability to upgrade your PC? Wrong. Microsoft is limiting the Vista versions you can install in virtual machines? Well, that one is partially correct. But there's a reason.

Here's what's really happening.

Every version of Windows is accompanied by a EULA. This do***ent is a contract that specifies your rights with regards to the copy of Windows you just obtained. The thing is, most people--over 90 percent--get Windows with a new PC. And their rights are substantially different from the rights of a customer who purchased Windows at retail. More specifically, versions of Windows that come with a new PC can't ever be transferred to another PC. They are, quite literally, bound to the PCs with which they were purchased. Retail copies of Windows... that's a bit different. We'll get to that.

What's happened is that Microsoft has clarified the EULA for Windows Vista. They've made it more readable, for starters, so normal people can get by the legalese and understand what the do***ent really means. The Vista EULA is also clearer about certain things, including one of the supposedly controversial "changes" that the previously named online pundits are railing against. It also mentions virtualization licensing rights for the first time.

Quoted from Paul Thurrott.

Read more here : http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_licensing.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom