Razer Barracuda Headset/Onboard Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cothor

Beta member
I just received my Razer Barracuda Headset today and have been trying to get it to work correctly with my onboard audio which is (ASUS P5N32-SLI SE) realtek AC97 Audio. The software I am using to configure my sound is called Sound Effect.

Problems:
1 - Microphone does not work
2 - Right side and rear audio are faint at best
3 - The sound quality I get on everything I have tried is very poor

Troubleshooting:
1 - This review was very similar to my own system and situation. The reviewer had great results but does not provide enough information how configure everything. http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3369/39/1/0/

2 - I tried every single combination I could in a 3 hour period and had no luck. Here is a picture of the program Sound Effect. http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3369/39/1/6/
(Scroll Down to second picture)

Forigive my nubness, I dont know the correct names for some things. There are six audio ports on the back of my tower. (pink, green, black etc.)

The Barracuda has 4 audio plugs and a usb cable. I hooked all of them up as the Barracuda instructions say to. I also looked on the back of the tower and each port tells if it is mic, line out etc. and everything matched up perfectly.

The Barracuda is 5.1 and the MOBO is 7.1. I went into control panel and went to sounds and audio devices then audio then advanced and tried 5.1 and 7.1 along with a million combinations using the Sound Effect tool.

The best I ever got was poor and uneven sound.

My brother who is a 9 year computer tech helped me for 2 of those hours with remote assistance and phone contact but we had no luck.

All of my drivers are up to date and my computer is only a few days old. My old Headset works great and sounds great with the new computer but the mic was broken hence the Barracuda. But now I have a top end headset with crappy sound and a mute mic.

One last strange thing is that on some video games I tested, only the sound effects work and on others only the music.

Please help me.

(p.s. all the sound volumes are turned all the way up and nothing is muted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom