tower help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajuncayenne

Solid State Member
I have an hp and when I turn it on the light comes on and the fan mounted on my motherboard comes on but my monitor does not respond. it says no signal. I have tried other monitors still the same thing. my keyboard does not come on and my dvd and cd rom drives do not open. All cables are tight and I have removed my graphic card and put it back in and still nothing. I tried my integrated graphic card and no go. any ideas? If it is completely gone and I need to buy a new tower can I transfer my hard drives info over to the new tower. I have 2 hard drives because I added one. All help would be appreciated.

might be a power issue, try a different power supply and see wat it does.
normally the cd drives should open even tho it doesnt POST so check the Power Supply.

do this to transfere data:
1. pull out the HD that u want to transfere data and connect it to the second IDE (ribbon) cable slot from where the primary HD is sitting at
2. set the jumper to slave since its the secondary HD
3. go to the BIOS (hit Del, or F1 or watever it is ) and under the primary slave change it to AUTO instead of NONE
4. save and exit, load it up, then just drag watever u need to the other HD

do Vis-Versa if want to use start from the beginning

sylwek give a way to transfer your data.
but your tower seems to have vga problem. take off your vga and make bios reset to run it on the integrated. otherwise it will try to display from the other one. with this you can understand if the problem is on vga or not. between us could be anything on motherboard including it's self.

what is vga? Is it my graphic card? and how do I put my integrated back(into bios)? My screen is blank. I can try to put a new power supply in. I appreciate all the help. my fan works that is plugged into the motherboard. Does that mean anything?
Thanks

pull out the video card and use the mobo graphics if it has one if it doesnt then u hav mobo problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom