Temperatures. Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I re-applied and set my clock speed back to 2.14 ghz (for now). Now Im idleing at 38-40 C. What do you guys think?

Another question, when I do decide to clock it back up whats maximum temps for these Conroes (E6400). Someone said when it hits 60 C is when you should start worrying? Any Comments?

thats alot better, i dont know the exact max temp for conroe's but my amd is 65c, i think intel recommends 60c.
but 60c is not as hot as the sun and its not the end of the world, but if it gets back up thier when you oc, you just cant do that anymore.......
because you know thats the reason for the heat

do you even have a conroe? i thought they were allendale's?

well some say to get the 6600, not for the speed but because it is a true conroe, they are trying to use thier old supply up or something, though its actually possible to get a 6400 conroe its not likley for a while
that might be a myth, but download cpu-z and look at your codename, thats the only sure way

Yeah i does say Allendale, whatever. All i know is that I can run Battlefield 2 on the highest settings perfect. Hehe, one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade.

vipercrazed said:
thats alot better, i dont know the exact max temp for conroe's but my amd is 65c

wow thats a scary temp :) i oc`d my 3200+ winchester on stock cooling to 2.4Mhz and my temp only went to 42C. Although could depend on where you live too :) and what case.

yeah the e6300 and e6400 are just conroe's that didn't pass the quality test. They are conroe's with 2mb of the cache disable and clocked lower. even though cpu-z say's its an allendale, it really is a conroe at heart.

as for the temperatures i was wondering the same thing right now at stock speeds im idle'n around 42? im pretty sure i put down a good layer of as5? so i don't know whats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom