Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
Well, i think either my mobo or CPU is fried or something. When i press the power button, everything turns on then off, LEDs light up, fans move, etc. So i started unpluggin things and trying different RAM sticks and a different PSU and it did the same thing. My mobo is a DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra-D (well specs in my sig.) and for those who have a DFI, u'll probalby understand this. The LED down at the bottom of the mobo is on, but the RAM Power LED only shows when i press the power button or unplug then plug in my PSU. But when i press the power button, all four red LEDs on the mobo light up which in the manual says its "System Start-Up". All i have hooked up is the RAM, CPU, PSU, mobo. I've tried 3 different sticks of RAM and one other PSU. I have no other CPU to test with or another s939 mobo to test either. I've also tried clear CMOS and tryin Safeboot.

Comp is at most 2 months old and only started OCin about a month ago and i did Prime95 and check temps and everything, lowered the HTT multiplier so it didnt go above 1000mhz, had a RAM divider and my RAM ran at 200Mhz.

Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, etc i really need help

I was readin...then almost couldn't provide any hints...

then I saw OC...if you've been oc'in...have you tried resetting back to default? I hope of course you know how to do that :)

If you haven't, please do, that might fix your problems...if you have then that overclocking probably did melt down the system

swhat happens when you oc

edit: ps, clearing cmost does not neccessarily reset your system from the oc settings. Depending on your mobo and all...

i tried settin it back to normal by clearin CMOS, i cant get into bios so i cleared the CMOS and i too out the little battery thing for a couple seconds. I also tried to safe boot it.

when you're talking safe boot...are you talking about changing around jumpers?

For me, when I got my rig together recently, I only oc'd for a bit to test what could and couldn't be done. If I messed up, I'd end up where you were. For me, my mobo, I had to power off, move a jumper, adjust bios, reset jumper and back to normal.

CMOS more often than not just messes with your system clock and drive settings but does not clear your cpu/ram/bus settings

your mobo should have a manual and/or chart hopefully that can show you this in a diagram

Yea i've looked through the motherboard manual but i will again cuz i just put my old P4 parts in and i forgot how life was on a computer w/out a dual-core. I'll look through the manual on the safe boot and stuff and do some research and probably log back onto DFIStreet too. I'm just hoping nothing got fried.

I had the OC to 2.4Ghz stable, and it started fine everytime till yesterday when it wouldnt start and everything seemed normal. Did research on OCin AMDs vs. Intels and etc.

I'll look at the manual tomorrow and hopefully i can get to it this weekend but its goin to be busy so i'll do my best.

Alright i figured out wut the problem was........ my CPU is fried. I take the CPU out and the problem goes away. Cept i dont have any s939 CPU and newegg doesnt have any new. I'm thinkin (if i can find the money) to buy a OEM 4400+ for $200. I have a scythe ninja so not like i need a heatsink. The next lowest would be a 4200+ for $185 and they have an Opteron 165 for $170 but its out of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom