Could use a hand on my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With those suggestions in place, the system totals out at 2,009.72 without shipping and handling calculated and before mail-in rebates.

So with the mir's i'm guessing it'll be around 1900+shipping.

Does newegg combine on shipping, or am I going to be surprised by a heft hefty shipping and handling fee? (I'm a first time newegger...)

edit: Nevermind, I just carted the build and shipping came to about 40 bucks. Not bad for an entire build. ($2050 Which is about $400 more than what I was originally going to spend Lol.)

Anyone have any other ides before I set this in stone?

I am going to go with 2gb ocz ddr2 800, and the graphics card that you suggested. As long as I can upgrade it later on, it will do nicely. I did read it is pretty big, should I be looking for any problems with fitting things in around it?

Itll fit fine on either PCI-e slot, but itll take up one PCI slot on the lower one.

Also make sure you get eVga and when you register it, you will have a 90 day period for when you can upgrade it and pay the difference of the new card. DX10 cards should come out within that period.

I wouldn't suggest getting a Sata II HD bigger than 250GB. I've heard that they start to die a lot faster once you go up.

You could probably get x2 250Gb HD's for cheaper anyways.

I got mine for around $80...so yeah...i'd say go that route. Everything else looks good.

Anything particularly difficult about setting up two hard drives?
And If I am going to set up 2 drives, I'd rather throw some cash towards a raptor as the main, and use the other as a tank for whatever I need to store.

edit: On a higher note, i think i'm gonna wait a little bit for some sales or special deals on newegg and whatnot.
Save some cash, hold it off for any upgrades I might need.

Thanks for all your help guys, and if someone could give me the lowdown about setting up 2 hard drives, I'd appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom