850$ build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thx for the ideas. I always had an issue with what motherboard to get for c2d's. I will probably just get a normal case since full out modding isnt something I am willing to do yet.

i would go with irons build. Buy another GB and better GFX once you get the extra money. But if you're planning for Vista and DX10, you should be planning on getting 4GB total.

In my opinion I think getting a low graphics card at the moment is pretty shoddy idea. I know that DX10 is due in the next couple of months but hey think of it this way, you need Vista for DX10 firstly (disregard some sort of patch made by someone to get it going on XP...which will happen eventually), also DX10 games are going to be pretty scarce for a while besides Crysis, and with the new power requirements who knows what's going to happen with PSU requirements....also the cards price is going to be pretty **** high at first.............so total that up, you're not going to be getting DX10 cards for a good while, which is why you invest in a good card now that will last you the better part of a year..probably longer.

Maybe if you were to manage to fit an XFX 7900GS XT edition in there? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom