HD showing I only have 127.99gb, its really 250gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthscsa19

Baseband Member
My computer is only showing it has 127.99gb, when its supposed to have 250gb. Anyone seen this problem before?

The problem was my old copy (wihout service packs) of windows. Well, I can now see the missing space, but its in a partition called Unallocated. Anyway to merge these two partitions? If I were to format and reinstall windows, I'd end up back at square one.

u dont need to merge it just delete it , make sure u dont delete the wrong one

if u where to reinstall windows you decide wat the do with partitions, normally wat i do is delete all of them and create new one while in the setup of windows

What will deleting the Unallocated partition accomplish? Will it add what is in that partition to my current 127.99 partition to give me my full 250gbs? I don't get what your saying. If I delete them, and reinstall windows, I'll end up with a pre-Service Pack 1 windows, which will then again only recognize 129.99. Will deleting the unallocated partition give me access to my entire 250gb hard drive?

Format the un-allocated partition, to make a second active partition. You will now have a 'C:' and a 'D:' drive.

EDIT: Oh, and to format it:

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management. Right click on the un-allocated space, and hit "Format" and do a full format (not a quick format) and wait until it's done. It will take quite a while.

He doesn't want 2 partitions. Its his reinstall cd guys its a pre service pack2, Use nlite to slipstream service pack2 into your i386 from your cd, then make a new cd. Or find someone with a sp2 cd and use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom