New graphic card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
o yea i did forget the link to DirectX:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

no you dont need to uninstall directx befor updating(you cant), you just install the most up to date DX version.
---------------------------------

and yea, if your using any aftermarket GFX card, the onboard Display adapter will just be waisting 128mbs of your SYstem Ram, if you dont Disable it in BIOS.

once its disabled you can always verify... windows should then show your Full 1024mbs avalible

yes now it does show full 1 gb, thanks. And i was just wondering if you customize ure gfx card settings in the control panel, if so, any suggestions. Vert syn, is that good to have on or off?

krazyq said:
yes now it does show full 1 gb, thanks. And i was just wondering if you customize ure gfx card settings in the control panel, if so, any suggestions. Vert syn, is that good to have on or off?

I leave vertical sync off, i believe its to match the refresh rate of your monitor so unless you have a great pc its not worth using.

if you have an LCD flat screen monitor 60 or 65 is fine although its ok to turn it up max ,if you have a CRT then 75Mhz and above is best. It helps with eye strain, low refresh rates can hurt the eyes because the human eye can notice it. Were as higher refresh rates isn't noticeable and wont hurt your eyes.

you did say ure gfx card and my pc was better than urs. Is it ok to ask you what games you have, and if I have them too, then I wanna compare the settings and see if they work good. I did lower some of the settings for Fear and it works better, but it was nice when it was up all the way, good graphics. Im planning on getting Far Cry ot BF2.

things like bf2 i play on all medium at 1280x1024 with no AA, same with most games like company of heroes, FEAR, DOOM3 etc

playing at medium seems ok some things i can put to high i just balance what i think would be better like shadows or detailed models.

with the AA, or AS, do u think it makes a big diff with it turned off or on? Is it worth it? And I had a question, what graphic card would be comparable to an xbox or maybe even 360, i thought maybe the 7600gt would be close to an xbox.

it`ll be better than an Xbox, using AA with top end cards is obviously going to make a difference. I don't mind turning it off though it basically smooths the edges out, especially with shadows looking all jagged. If that's such a big deal you can turn it on but i personally don't mind about a few rough edges here and there.

Your card is pretty much a replacement for mine the 6800GT its similar but has a better core and has obviously been enhanced but don't expect to run everything on maxed with AA or AF on.

Don't let that disappoint you though, just look at what details you want in a game say turn model detail to high but put shadows down to medium etc. Just tinker to what settings you`d like more than others.

also there's a few versions of the 7600GT do you have the one with GDDR2 or GDDR3? some have higher memory clocks too.

i have the gdd3, i was suggested by it from the forum. Its a eVGA. I guess for shadows i understand. But for the smoke, i hate when its fake and goes slowly. I want the smoke to be re alistic. i was hoping the 7600gt would be lik xbox atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom