850$ build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I am currently sell my old comp with everything I have. I will have an extra mouse, keyboard, and monitor so with 850$ devoted to the box, what should I get. Personally I am open to any suggestions of what to get. I play alot of games from cs:s to bf2142 but dont need max graphics. About medium is good for me. I will probably have another 1k right after x-mas to spend so w/e I dont get now I can always get later. I will also be using some old fast scsi drives with it if that means anything but I dont have the scsi controller card so I dont need one.

All from www.newegg.com

Amd X2 4200 - Socket 939 - $183.00
ASUS A8N5X Motherboard - $80.00
eVga 7900GTO - $260.00
Seagate Barracuda 250Gb Sata II - $80.00
Lite-On Dvd/Cd RW Burner - $35.00
Cooler Master Centurion RC-534-KWN1-GP Case - $65.00
Corsair HX520w PSU - $140.00

There you go right under $850.00 and thats a High End PC. The eVga 7900GTO is just a slower GTX(basically the same thing for half the price) and you can use eVga's step up program when DX10 card comes out.

i would go a little more quality onthe mobo for c2d, the ram is good and the x850 is a decent idea, but does he need a 6600?
he still needs dvd drive a awsome case.. stuff liek that
that new fata1ity case is sick btu its insanly priced

make a q-pack microatx C2D build..... :)

Core 2 duo will beat AMD everytime, but hes a on a budget and AMD are still good at gaming. The human eye cant catch all the fps and speed increases in ect, but no doubt intel is faster. Big notice I guess would be in burning movies/music apping and ect.

Both proccessors are good imo.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2014654,00.asp

Check the benchmarks.. both are still very good.

Hey Viper I have been contemplating that so I might. Actually I cant. I will have a total of 4 drives so **** it, cant. I want to go amd cause it would be 100$ cheaper but the performance would be far less but if you guys can come up with a build then its cool. I will have more money but would like to have a semi working pc right now. Like I dont need a hard drive, awesome video card, or 2gb of ram. I can always do that later.

Revision:
CPU- C2D E6300- $180
Mobo- same- $120
Ram- that pack of 2GB is only $150, which is great for 2GB- $150
DVD Burner- Samsung DVD burner- $30
PSU- same- $90
Video Card- x850XT (don't spend over $150 until DX10)- $120

Total: $690

NOOOOOOO you can actually fit 4 drives!!!
i saw someone do it, but its liek not supposed to, there are two slots on top on each side of the 5.25 bays each slot has a tray for two hdd's but im guessing if you use a full size psu it uses up one of the bays side, so for four you have to sue the 350w or w/e it comes with :( or external, which isnt a ***** if your case is that small, it wouldnt be too hard to lug around it...

that guy markkleb
here:
http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=114965&perpage=15&highlight=crossflow&pagenumber=2

ok this is what he did, he had two aside the 5.25 bay, he modded the bottom so the psu and the hdds fit under the mobo(which he raised higher) i dont see why you couldnt add alot more hdd's to that bottom though

I'd go with a Core 2 Duo build and get the DS3 mobo (only real problem is that it only has 1 IDE slot). it's the best OCing board for the money. Also don't get an expensive GPU like the 7900GT or 1900XT type stuff because if you're willing to upgrade for another $1000 around X-mas you'll be getting a MUCH better GPU with Direct X 10. You should probably look for a 6800, 7600, x850, 1600 PRO to hold you over until then.

You could also get some really nice DD2-800 ram for around $130 per 1GB and then upgrade for another 1-2GB at Xmas.

i guess i'm just suggesting you get a really nice C2D processor, good OCing mobo, just good parts but in moderation so that it'll make upgrading a piece of cake later on and then you'll have a sweet rig once you upgrade.

*EDIT* i'd say the only real difference between what i'm suggesting compared to the first suggestion is to go w/ better ram that'll OC like crazy rather than ram that'll only run a C2D at stock specs.

and DON'T go w/ a E6300 if you're willing to spend up to $1850 by Xmas cuz then should have a E6600 or so for what you're spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom