Vista Release date revealed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam3s-Zer0

Daemon Poster
A Microsoft executive has leaked a general release date for Vista, Exchange 2007 and Office 2007

Microsoft has revealed a general release date for its upcoming operating system Vista — 5 December, 2006.

Speaking to IT professionals, parliamentarians and senior law-enforcement officers at the Parliament and Internet conference in London on Thursday, Microsoft revealed its release plans.

"We will officially launch Vista, Microsoft Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 on 5 December," said David Hipwell, a Windows client sales professional at Microsoft.

More at [Source]

Sounds too soon and too good to be true...

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=503184

Microsoft Office 12 is supposed to be released next month, so this is believable.

Also, I heard that the newest Vista right now is very stable.

Yes, the HEADLINE is
Microsoft adjusts EU, Korean versions of Vista

The first paragraph states:

Redmond (WA) - Following recent complaints by companies such as Symantec and McAfee, Microsoft today announced that it will revise the feature set of Windows Vista, which is on track for a global launch in January 2007. The European and Korean editions will see changes in the areas of security, search and the new file format XPS, the company said.

Okay this is a hoax. First off the BUSINESS version of Vista is supposed to be released in Nov/Dec. The Commercial version is still not until Jan.

Office 2007 isnt even slated to be out of Beta till Nov. I am a Official Tester and i got the email from them already on this. It is going to be RTM Next Month. Even then they said they will NOT release Office till Vista is ready so they can release both products at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom