dvd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyLoxy

Daemon Poster
i took apart my new pioneer 107 cause i accidentally put two disks in it and it wouldnt open, it just made some really nasty sounds and f-ed around

anyway i must have triggered whatever the mechanism is and now it wont power on or read or do anything.
do i have any options?? (pretty sure i voided the warranty as well)

athlon64 3200
soyo k8usa
corsair pc3200 512mb
radeon 9800xt
maxtor sata 160gb RAID (x2)
audigy 2 zs platinum
450w psu
pioneer 107 8x dvd burner
x-dreamer2 case

Well, this has happened to me once and I made a decision. The drive was a little older, external 1394 CD-RW. I wanted to swap it out of the bay and place a faster one in. The new one didn't work at all and the original.....well, let's just say the same situation was my end result. ;)
I had been using it for about 2 years so if there was still a warranty (doubtful) than I had voided it by taking it apart. But, I ended up posting it up on eBay really cheap and got about half of what I originally paid. I was honest about my eBay listing and figured that someone out there would know exactly how to fix it and use it again. I know that this recommends considering this a loss. I wish I could help you further but (looking at your system specs) I would hate for you to damage the new drive even further, ya know?
It could be as simple as a power lead. In fact, you may be able to seach google.com for a hardware spec to walk you through the hardware and just run a quick comparission.
Hope you figure it out....Good Luck!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom