Temp sensor question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicknn

Baseband Member
OK Ive got a question about my computer temps. When I start up the computer and go to my system moniter it says my temps are:

System 35C
CPU 40C
Board 39C

But as soon as I finish booting up I check Everest Home and it says my temps are:

System 53C
CPU 50C
Board 52C

Whats up with that?

lmk
nick

i thought system and board are the same thing...
what program do you first see these temps with?
i would be more confident with everest... but those temps are a bit worrysome

i would say you had your cpu heatsink on bad, but if your mobo had a temp of 50+ somethin is wrong

The first temps come from the system moniter in the BIOS setup when I boot up the computer. How could my CPU fan be on bad it only goes on 1 way.

nick

also when I touch the heatsink its not even warm. Ive got a Aerocool extreamengine3t so there is LOTS of air moving around in the case. Its not even warm inside of the computer even when Im running a heavy load on it. My old computer was pretty hot when I would pull th cover off of it this one is much much cooler. I have a foxconn C51XEM2AA AOM socket paired with an Athlon AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz.

nick

boy you got alot to learn, just because your heat sink only goes one way doesnt mean its correctly mounted, or that the thermal interface material is correctly applied either...

what heatsink do you use and what paste if any, did you put on it?(that aerocool turbine lookin thing for a heatsink?)
if i were you id get just abotu every program that read temps and compared them, and then i would download prime95 and do large fft's watch the temp rise and see how high your temp can go, if it stays were you say it is i guess your ok, but if it gets higher your gonna be in trouble somewhere down the road

i get like a 27-9c reading in my bios when i first start it, because that is ambient temp and my cpu hasnt been under a load of any kind when i first enter bios......

Im just using the stock fan and paste for now untill I get it watercooling. I checked the CPU fan and its blowing into the heatsink so thats right. I was reading somehting else and it said that the Temps in the BIOS are more accurate then the onse these programs give out. So I guess everything is good with it.

nick

OK i just checked my NVIDIA controler and it says my CPU is 38.8C, and the board is at 42.8C. This is closer to what BIOS says. Is that a good temp for things to be?

lmk
nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom