Signal Out of Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

catax

Solid State Member
Ok.. I've just bought a new motherboard and a processor Intel EM64 Core2
My friend installed windows xp64bit on a new harddrive, and everything was working fine. and then we put in my agp graphic card Radeon x1600pro 512mb, and install the graphic driver, restart pc, and then it just does nothing. The fans spinning, the harddrives on, but the bios is not loadding and the fan on my graphic card is spinning in overclocked speed. Then i took it off and put in an radeon 9200, it went pass bios and start loading windows, and before it loads onto desktop the monitor says "Signal out of range" and a few numbers saying khz. Then we took that off and plugged the monitor onto the onboard graphics, an it works (but its crappy). We tried uninstall and reinstall the graphic driver, samething happens with the x1600 and i get the blue screen of death with the 9200 :mad: anyone know what the problem is??? My friend thinks that it has something to do with windows xp 64bit not compatible with my chipset because its an intel.

What you will have to do is go into the bios set up at next boot by tapping the F2 , F1 or delete key depending on bios make. You have to change in the bios to use the AGP or what ever ( can not think of the newest one) slot your card uses. save and exit

That's right its either AGP or PCI-E Also you might need to disable the onboard video in bios for the add in card to work properly.
I had another thought,,,I know REALLY
You can also try after you disable the onboard vid and put the new vid card in to boot up and go into safe mode.That should get you into windows so you can see what you have and install the drivers from there.

Depending on what type of monitor you are using, you may have to adjust settings on it. I had a CRT monitor a few years ago that gave this same issue... adjusted the KHz on the monitor, and all was good. I believe that is the refresh rate, but I could be wrong.

Yes I ran into that same problem also that too will be bypassed if you start in safe mode.

ok.. im currently using a LCD monitor, that gives me signal out of range error. when i switch it back to my old crt, it works fine and no idea why. Im currently using my lcd using the onboard video, but i alrdy set my graphics thing to AGP in the bios and dunno how to disable onboard video... also i dunno how to set the khz on my monitor :/

k, with it running with the crt, go into display properties, settings, advanced, monitor and set it to 60hz, hit ok, then hit ok on the other window, your monitor might flicker, this is ok. when you hit the ok box that pops up, switch to the lcd(with the system running) and see if it works. if not, then go back to the crt, and lower your resolution to 1024*768 and try the lcd again

well on my radeon 9200 it says out of range.. but on my x1600 the bios wouldnt even load when i turn on my pc
is it possible that i need to download new bios update for my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom