Harper Has Some Thing Important To Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i want to get a mac mini just for the heck of having a mac. but i think i'll be throwing my money away.

Meithan said:
-I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

-Microsoft??

-Microsoft is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

-What truth?

-That you are a slave, Harper. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

Welcome to the Free World. :cool:

lol, that was awesome

ZOMG HARPER TOOK TEH RED PILL!@!!!1

Meithan said:
-I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

-Microsoft??

-Microsoft is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

-What truth?

-That you are a slave, Harper. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

Welcome to the Free World. :cool:

Good luck with Linux.

You really have to be a "techie" to use it though. I've tried it, and can't get through installing programs.

You just need a good package management system, like the one Debian uses. Makes software installation much easier.

^^ or RPM, or even, god forbid, compile ur own binaries (hehe, I need to figure that one out) RPM is easy. TallDude, check out Linux for Dummies, that was a good book for me to get started on.

Don't compile your own stuff, it took me ages to set up Gentoo. I didn't realise I'd have to compile everything.

LOL... this thread is almost exactly like the Matrix (as mac pointed out too).

Anyways, harper... have you ever used linux before?

I'm thinking about switching to Linux as well.

For a little bit I was thinking about Macs, but then I thought..."No, wait...Macs are for rich people." ;)

Man, Harper... I could have sworn there was going to be some type of "Closet", "Switch Hitting", or "Curiousity" involved in this thread....

Then you really freak me out by saying, "I'm switching to linux." WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom