Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeTheIdiot

Baseband Member
I have just finished building a new comp. for a friend, when I tried to start it up for the first time. With the gfx card in the top PCI-E slot I get no signal to my monitor and no POST beeps, however trying it in the second PCI-E slot I get an error code of 1 long beep followed by 2 short. The card is a Radeon x300 and the mobo is a DFI Infinity NF4 SLI if that helps!
I've tried removing all the RAM, HDDs etc, and still no change. Any advice would be helpful!

Joe

Ok, I just tried removing the video card, and I still get the same beep code (one long, two short). Any ideas!?

joe

Yeah I have all the power connectors in, the weird thing is that when it's in the PCI-E slot at the top, it seems to POST normally, i.e. no beeps and everything spins up fine. I don't have another PCI gfx card to hand unfortunately, so testing would be kind of difficult.

Thanks for your reply!

joe

It isn't posting normally No beeps is bad. When you move it to the other slot it is beeping no Video card to you because the top slot has to have a video card. Try another video card. try only one stick of ram in different slots. What do you have for ram? And you are sure you have the 4 pin cpu connector in.

Yeah the 4-pin is definitely in! I've tried all possible RAM configs with my Corsair platinum, making no difference. Like I said, I don't have another card I can test with, so before I RMA this one, is there any other possibilities?

cheers

Nope, I've got about 3 AGP ones, but nothing that'll go in this mobo. :(
And now I don't even get the 3 beeps from putting it in the 2nd slot...

So from what I can gather, no beeps indicates a power supply problem, but all my fans and LEDs are still coming on...

Ideas?!

Have you tried resetting the cmos/pulled the battery? If you pull everything from the board and it won't beep, (hdd's , ram, video card) then the boards toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom