CPU Lock up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Sorry if this subject does not go here:
During BF2, which was a new game to me back in July, my scren will lock up at times, or when I spawn it takes a while to smooth out. I look at the lcd on my keyboard and it says CPU 3% - 7% and Memory 99%...wtf. How can I be using 99 % of 2 g of ram?
I am not sure if I messed with anything to affect this, however, when I first started the game, in July, I was using 90% CPU and like 30% ram.
Is the ram usage bottlenecking or causing lock ups. It takes me 3-4 times to hit Alt-F4 just to get the heck out.
I check all my temps as soon as I get out: all in the 40's. I used Everest to check as well...still 40's c. Any advice is appreciated.

CPU setup is only 10 months old.:eek:

4 sticks of 512 is never a good idea. Its been proven that 2 x 512 in dual channel is actually faster. How old is the install of XP? Have you scanned for s***ware lately?

EDIT - * Has the forums turned religious or something? Since when is the SC word the rymes with bum a bad word, lol . :p

Yes, i realzided that 512 x 4 was not a good idea, after i read the forums. lol. I'm still learning.
Yes. I have scanned. My cpu is very clean. No "trash" installed or downloaded, have lots of g of pics and family on HD seperate from Operating system. XP install is about 10 months. Everthing in my sig was bought same time. I owned XP already and just installed it when I finished assembly.

Take out 2 sticks of ram and try it. Make sure to leave 2 sticks in the dual channel slots. Most of the time they are color coded check your manual.

Flash, thanks. As soon as I decided to come back to the forums after surfing info on the AMD FX-55, I thought of doing the same thing.

Does any one else concurr?

thanks again flash

bmxfreakrider said:
it would be a good idea to do a clean intall. would speed the pc up loads, and if u were to reinstall, go xp pro, cause home isnt all that great...

XP Professional is slightly faster than Home Edition, only by a little bit.

If you need speed, go for XP Service Pack 1. SP2 is still supported, but it's slow on older computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom