finally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
I got a new computer. AMD Athlon 64 3500, 512MB RAM, 160GB HD, NVidia Geforce 6100 256MB onboard.

What games can the 6100 play? Older ones from 2003? Newer ones? How good is it compared to my old Intel 865?

My question is; on an Acer computer, how to you get to safe mode, bios, and boot order?

If this gets really nasty, i'll just reformat with Vista RC2.

Bios on Acer is F2 at startup I believe. It is on mine anyway... Those 3500's usually overclock nice too! I almost got mine to 3.0 GHz =)
Too bad you're on a OEM motherboard, but you can change that later, eh? ;)

I'm not sure why the resolution is out of range... I forget how to get into safe mode too, I'm sure someone else'll explain it.

Well, i fixed the problem. Something was wrong in the BIOS.

The computer is very nice. I'm an AMD fan now :D

This was originally set to 1Ghz. Maybe it's just a flaw? It's still really fast. And for $370, it's a good deal.

Again, what games can the Geforce 6100 play? Is it even half-decent?

Won't be able to play much, I'm afraid... Better save up for a PCI-E video card, 70 buck investment should do you for Half Life 2, Far Cry, Battlefield 2, maybe even some low-qual Oblivion.

Im sure it can handle those games fine, I used to play with counter-strike 1.6 with my onboard 6100, and I got constant 100fps. Save up for another stick of 512mb, then you'll really be rocking:)

It's probably nearly identical.

I was able to play GTA3 flawlessly, no distortion or lagging. My old Intel 865 couldn't do that :)

Well, it was 1/4 of this chipset's memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom