Small Form Factor PCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squaggleboggin

In Runtime
My friend and I are considering building small form factor PCs. He, however, is concerned about the availibility of parts for them (mostly motherboards) and is wondering if he would be able to obtain them if he decides to upgrade later on. I think these types of PCs will become more popular, and that in the future there won't be much of a problem finding parts. So, would it be sensible to get this type of computer if we're looking to upgrade later on? Thanks, guys. :)

First there was only shuttle, then there are at least six. Six small form factor makers out there. I think it will grow. Although, whenever I had to upgrade a computer to the point where I upgrade the motherboard, I usually ended up buying a new case for it.

yes, after having my emachines for awhile, i wanted to upgrade to something better( celeron sucks) but i wanted to use the same case and PSU. I didn't find many motherborads out there to begin with, and the PSU in there wouldnt be enough, so i looked at mico PSUs. It got way too complicated, and i ended up building a mid tower with all the stuff i wanted. so like micro bell said, you are extremely limited in what you can upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom