something is SERIOUSLY wrong with my desktop wallpaper ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovejesus

Beta member
I don't know how, exactly when, or WHY...

But I can't put up desktop images as wallpaper anymore. You know the border color you can have? That is the only thing that shows up. And this has been annoying me for a few days.

Can someone please help me? I have an XP.

maybe the active desktop option off/on? I don't know I don't mess with it all that much...I'm never really helpful huh?

:p

I'm on vista so it's fuzzy to remember, but it is in one of the tabs in display properties...same place you pick theme/bg/appearance/resoulation, etc

just for images? I've had that issue before, but I fixed it by what I did just because I forgot...lol :D

again...on vista, fuzzy memory. BUT it's like, jpg or bmp doesn't work if active desktop is on/off...

I am horribly unhelpful :p

check others posts...beer :D

I got this from the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

When you configure the Active Desktop Wallpaper policy setting by using the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Group Policy snap-in, Gpedit.msc, the setting may not take effect. (This setting is located in the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop folder.)

This behavior can occur because the Active Desktop setting is not enabled.

To resolve this behavior, in Group Policy, enable the Enable Active Desktop setting in the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop folder. To enable this setting: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open: box, type: gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
3. Locate the policy settings in the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop folder.
4. Right-click Enable Active Desktop, and then click Properties.
5. Click Enabled, and then click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom