Question about Multiplier on e6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sandra reports a clock speed other than what the CPU is really running, then it is broken. I don't care what module I'm looking at.

The General said:
If Sandra reports a clock speed other than what the CPU is really running, then it is broken. I don't care what module I'm looking at.

Lol; you must be lazy :) Sandra is an extensive system information tool, so you can not expect it to show the desired value on the front page. As most extensive sysinfo programs (Dr.Hardware, Everest, AIDA32) it shows more than just the basic values, so you will have to look harder.

CPU-Z is simple and it works (if you want to know your CPU speed). But it is very limited in other ways.

Sorry for the delay Meithan - I obtained that FSB using a gigabyte DS4.
Was advised by a friend that they o/c massively... and it seems its true. The DS3 is the same i believe in o/c ability.
Its got My e660 has a sonic tower on it and idels at 28-30 dep on room temp fluctuations. never goes above 41 on any stress test ive run... and for every day use never goes above 35 deg.

I think there is still a fair bit of head room to push it harder... but i dont really see the point. 3.3 Ghz on air is fast enough for me...

Really amazing results, Max. My AthlonXP 1800+ (1.5Ghz) runs hotter than that. I'll see what I can achieve with my new E6300 (and P5B Deluxe mobo).

TheMajor said:
Lol; you must be lazy :) Sandra is an extensive system information tool, so you can not expect it to show the desired value on the front page. As most extensive sysinfo programs (Dr.Hardware, Everest, AIDA32) it shows more than just the basic values, so you will have to look harder.

CPU-Z is simple and it works (if you want to know your CPU speed). But it is very limited in other ways.

All the system info I need is in /proc

Meithan...

My old CPU was a Athlon XP2.8+ which i overclocked to 2.2Ghz... used to reach some scary temps especially in summer if the window was shut! (above 60 on idle!) ... That was with a nexus heatsink on it too! I mounted it 3 times to see if it was a mounting issue but i guessed in the end it was just a sweaty ******! SO glad of the auto shutdown function i had enabled at 67Degress!... It happend more than a few times.

And yes i did bring it back to stock speeds as there was obviously no chance of playing BF2 without it switching off just as my sniper scope zoomed in on ----- black screen------ DOH!
Might have been that passively cooled 6600 that was stiring up trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom