Intel Core 2 Duo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummieDude

Beta member
Hi eveyone..
i am planning to have a Core 2 Duo system in the near feature...
and while i was doing research on Core2Duo or AM2..
i came to this review

Intel's Core 2 Review from AnandTech

Quote:
"While Intel's Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme processors will be released at the beginning of Q3 of this year it will take some time for all of Intel's shipments to be Conroe based. The scary statistic is that by the end of this year, only 25% of Intel's Performance Mainstream desktop processor shipments will be based on Conroe. The remaining 75% will still be NetBurst based, meaning they will be Pentium 4, Pentium D and Pentium Extreme Edition.

..."

is this still a problem at the present moment?
or this problem never happens..

Thank you

The problem is uninformed buyers, meaning the 25% is informed enthusiasts or people who just chose anything that is in their price range. The other 75% are people who think Ghz count or they are buying a PC for internet use.

You buy a Core 2 Duo you get one. (Is this what you are asking?)

Sorry, i should have state it more clear.

My question is would the Core2Duo CPU i bought now be based on the Conroe? or having a high chance that the Core2Duo will be based on NetBurst .

Thank you

DummieDude said:
Sorry, i should have state it more clear.

My question is would the Core2Duo CPU i bought now be based on the Conroe? or having a high chance that the Core2Duo will be based on NetBurst .

Thank you

that little part of the article was just saying that most home pc's are still going to use p4's instead of conroe's and allendale because people are more interested in ghz than other hightech mumbojumo..

and if they were giving something other than what they advertised.. they'd have some big lawsuits on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom