Hellooo new motherboard/computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Just pretend I have a failing motherboard. (Because I'm going to assume that, since I need a new one anyways)

I'm planning on getting a socket 939 Motherboard and Socket 939 Processor (Makes sense, huh?) UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED BY YOU GUYS.(You guys seem to know more about computers than I do.)

Here are the possible prospects for my new rig:
1) AMD Dual Core Processor 2.4/2.2
2)I'm pretty much set on this motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813136159) UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

Ok, now here are where the main questions are..
1)Denmark, Manchester, Toledo, which one is best? (processor cores)
2) a 2.2 processor is 30.00 less than a 2.4, deal or no deal?(219.00, or 249.00)
3)Are there motherboards that have both AGP/PCI-E slots? Because I have a new X800 AGP..... :[
4)I guess I'll need to pawn my x800, but after that what video card should I get? I want an ATI Crossfire brand, with good price..
What are Pixel Pipelines?
Is there much difference between 12 PP and 20 PP ?
What about the Core clock? 425-475, any difference?
Whats more important, Memory size or memory interface?
Instead of getting an X1900GT, would it be better to get 2 ( Insert video card here)
5)Instead of getting 2 cards, what would be good to get now?
5)Any suggestions on a new rig?

I have about 500.00 dollars to spend (thats all I have in my bank) If I don't have enough, I'll just save more..

Thanks in advance!

AMD sucks right now, there is no reason to buy a new AMD system, because you can get way better performance with a Core 2 Duo system. The only reason to buy an AMD processor right now is:

1. If you are a freakshow fanboy who ignores benchmarks.
2. If you already have a s939 system and just want a faster processor.

Socket 939 is a waste of time. That would be like getting an a motherboard with an AGP 8x slot. 939 is old and discontinued. AM2 is new. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE AN AMD SYSTEM ... get an AM2. End of story. "Future proof" and what have you. So no, it wouldn't make sense that you are planning on getting a 939 motherboard and processor.

If you want benchmarks for Core 2 Duos, go ahead and look them up. You won't be disappointed. The E6300 is $180 and is a monster overclocker that will kill an FX-62.

1. Denmark, Manchester, Toledo, all get pwn3d by Conroe and Allendale.

2. What are you talking about? Both of those get pwn3d by the $180 E6300 Core 2 Duo.

3. Just sell your AGP card and buy a PCI-E card.

4. I would probably not buy an expensive video card just yet, as the Geforce 8000 series is right around the corner. I don't know what pixel pipelines are. Yes there is a difference between 425mhz and 475mhz. Memory size and memory interface are both very important, you want GDDR3 (or GDDR4 on the 8000 series) and at least 256mb of it.

5. I wouldn't get two cards yet, if I were you I'd get a 7600GT and wait until the 8000 series comes out, then spend all your money on two video cards. (The 8000 series are DX10 card, the first of their kind.)

6. Please don't be an AMD fanboy and fail to realize that Core 2 Duos totally kill AMD64s right now, and are cheaper also. That is my suggestion.

alrighty thanks SO much.
I just got my X800 a few weeks ago...its AGP..
should I just buy a new AGP motherboard?
I don't think My x800 will sell for much anymore : [

The General said:
AMD sucks right now, there is no reason to buy a new AMD system, because you can get way better performance with a Core 2 Duo system. The only reason to buy an AMD processor right now is:

1. If you are a freakshow fanboy who ignores benchmarks.
2. If you already have a s939 system and just want a faster processor.

Socket 939 is a waste of time. That would be like getting an a motherboard with an AGP 8x slot. 939 is old and discontinued. AM2 is new. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE AN AMD SYSTEM ... get an AM2. End of story. "Future proof" and what have you. So no, it wouldn't make sense that you are planning on getting a 939 motherboard and processor.

If you want benchmarks for Core 2 Duos, go ahead and look them up. You won't be disappointed. The E6300 is $180 and is a monster overclocker that will kill an FX-62.

1. Denmark, Manchester, Toledo, all get pwn3d by Conroe and Allendale.

2. What are you talking about? Both of those get pwn3d by the $180 E6300 Core 2 Duo.

3. Just sell your AGP card and buy a PCI-E card.

4. I would probably not buy an expensive video card just yet, as the Geforce 8000 series is right around the corner. I don't know what pixel pipelines are. Yes there is a difference between 425mhz and 475mhz. Memory size and memory interface are both very important, you want GDDR3 (or GDDR4 on the 8000 series) and at least 256mb of it.

5. I wouldn't get two cards yet, if I were you I'd get a 7600GT and wait until the 8000 series comes out, then spend all your money on two video cards. (The 8000 series are DX10 card, the first of their kind.)

6. Please don't be an AMD fanboy and fail to realize that Core 2 Duos totally kill AMD64s right now, and are cheaper also. That is my suggestion.

u forget that he may not WANT to switch to an intel board tho. im in the same boat as him (spendin 500-550 on a new comp this christmas actually) and i dont want to switch to an intel board

He mentioned that if you want to keep a 939 etc then do so just upgrade parts, but if your building as whole new comp dont you want whats best at present? then intel is the way to go.

On the AGP note, you could just buy an intel mobo with AGP slot but then your limited to AGP. I think there is a AGP, PCI-E mobo from asrock might try searching for that.

I don't believe i would go as far as to say "AMD sucks". Yes, in comparison to intel's core 2 duos they are not as good, but not everyone can afford the price of their core 2 boards compared to the boards for skt 939.

luke87 said:
I don't believe i would go as far as to say "AMD sucks". Yes, in comparison to intel's core 2 duos they are not as good, but not everyone can afford the price of their core 2 boards compared to the boards for skt 939.

I agree with that but he did say he has $500 and if needed could save up more so HE does have enough for basic core2duo. Although I do understand your point that sometimes a 939 or AM2 is a better choice if money is an issue.

ok wait. Say If I were to just buy another AGP 4x/8x mobo.
I need it to be compatable with the Athlon XP 2800+

What would be my best bet? I want to spend minimal amounts of money for this board, I can't find anything on newegg, this mobo is too outdated.

luke87 said:

???

Motherboard - $150
Processor - $180
RAM - $200

I don't know what you are talking about.

The General said:
???

Motherboard - $150
Processor - $180
RAM - $200

I don't know what you are talking about.

the topic person i believe is getting a new computer.. so hes not JUST buying those 3 things he's got vid. card and everythin too.. i built a 461 comp this morning thats pretty good (obviously not the best set up tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom