I Really Need Some Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I built a computer for a friend. AMD x2 3800+, Gigabyte AM2 mobo, 2 GB ram, Gigabyte 7600GT, 160GB hard drive, Xi-fi soundcard, and Windows XP Pro. The mobo has onboard video by the way.

The problem is whenever the 7600GT is being used, the computer is not stable. It freezes at the Windows login screen all the time. When I take it out or use onboard video the problem goes away. I though it was the video card, so I RMA'd it and got a new one. New one does the same thing. And I've done memtest on the Corsair ram.
What could it be? Please help, I am really stumped.

try disableing the built-in vedio card .. u do that by pressing delete when u restart the windows
go to perephral settings and disable it from there !!
good luck !

The two options for the onboard video are "enable if no pci-e card is detected" and "always enable" There is no "disable"

I am running a Ultra 500W PSU.

persianxballer said:
Please any help would help.
I would really like help from the more experienced users

cheers! :p you also disabled onboard sound? can you log in safe mode? if you can install the latest drivers, is it a fresh install of xp? or just a hard drive with it on?

I disabled onboard sound, and i can log in safe mode. This was a fresh install of windows and I already installed all the drivers. One other weird thing is when i go into hardware manager, it has a yellow question mark by the ethernet. However, I installed the latest motherboard drivers and the internet works. Maybe it's the mobo?

ok in safe mode do msconfig and disable anything pointless from startup like audio, nvidia control panel etc just have the bare minimum. Did you install any software like anti virus? if so uninstall it.

it is odd ethernet isnt recognised ... but doesnt seem it would stop you getting into windows. Have you tried logging into windows without an ethernet cable plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom