difference between a thread and a process

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

i am trying to understand the difference between a thread and a process. Is my understanding correct, in that each application is a process(e.g. a word do***ent is one process, if i open another word do***ent, it is another process), and this process is split into multiple execution units called threads, so perhaps the file saving functionality in word is one thread, whereas another thread is assigned for cursor position tracking?

Yes, something like that. Although I don't know if opening seperate Word do***ents will results in multiple threads. I think it will stay a single thread because Word isn't multi threaded. Not sure.

thanks for the reply

you mean that a single windows application (even if it has multiple do***ents opened) woudl result in one thread, not one process with multiple threads?

hey what happened to the d_o_c_u_m_e_n_t spelling. is this some bot censor censoring out text :) and has gone wrong this time :)

rookie1010 said:
thanks for the reply

you mean that a single windows application (even if it has multiple do***ents opened) woudl result in one thread, not one process with multiple threads?

hey what happened to the d_o_c_u_m_e_n_t spelling. is this some bot censor censoring out text :) and has gone wrong this time :)

That's what I think. Could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom