New graphic card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to find out the power supply spects, i do not know how many ??v. ANd what brand i do not know. My pc is from best buy, an emachines. Its stock, the only new thing is the graphic card and the new power supply i bought. I have a 19"LCD so i have never really tried games with really high resolution, not sure how much better it would be. And what force ware are you using? I have too much data to consider re-formating.
If you could give instructions on step by step driver,forceware steps that would be nice

follow the information in the last post of the link i posted... except at the end use these drivers...

the onces Ksingler mentioned, the 8x.xx are the most stable..
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_84.21.html

EDIT: o yea FYI, driver cleaner pro can be used on Nvidia or ATI, thats y i say just follow those steps in the other thread... you just dont need to mess with any hardware... just insatll the 8x.xx driver at the end of the proccess of trying to remove all other drivers.

--------------------------------------
you dont need high resolution... the higher resolution a game runs at the slower Frame Rate(FPS) it will have. i only used it as an example... if i set my resolution to standard LCD (probably ~1024x786) then you can set everything to max, and it shouldnt lagg at all in the majority of games.

EDIT: o yea, the PSU Specs are usually listed on the Sticker on the side of the Powersupply.

well, the specs arent shown for that PSU, but it doesnt matter, MadDog items are Generic peices of Junk.... If you can return it and get this instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954

-----------------------------
if you have integrated GFX as you say... if its enabled at the same time your 7600GT is, then that may also be your cause of issue.

go into BIOS. (hold witchever button your manual says at POST befor anything starts loading) (manufactuers website may also say)... befor waisting time looking up the button though, the most common are either (delete) (F1) or (F2), chances are its one of those....

once in BIOS, Disable your Onboard Display adapter, or whatever it says... Different BIOSs have there own wording for the option... It may just have an option for example: to switch between Onboard/AGP or whatever.

...you can leave your 7600GT in the computer as you changer those options, it doesnt make a difference.

DO the steops listed in the previouse post/link to remove and install those 8x drivers first, and you shouldnt even need to do this next step -> If the Onboard adapter is disable in BIOS windwos wont even see it... but if for some strange reason it cannot be disable in BIOS, do this -> go to /start/run, type "devmgmt.msc" hit enter.... expand the "display adapter" tab, and /right click/Disable the one that Is Not the 7600GT. (only the 7600GT should be in that tab).

I'll take your advice and buy this P.S. I wanted thatone only temporarily, till i find a decent one. And thanks to you I can do so. Would you suggest i remove my graphic card then uninstall the drivers. Or leave it in there and unistall, then re install.

reference for your information...

if you wont you can also try searching for better pricess threw:
www.pricegrabber.com
www.resellerratings.com

and heres a good gernal guid on witch PSU Brands to stick with:
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=136602

-------------------------------------
the only time you need to keep an old GFX card in the comp befor uninstalling and installing new Drivers.... is if your in the proccess of switching from one GFX card to a newer one, without doing a clean ReInstall of windows.

...all other situations it makes no difference. just leave your 7600GT there and go threw the proccess of cleaning out the old ones, and installing the new 8x.xx forceware drivers.

So the one you suggested eariler...is that a good or bad one?. Because I just bought it. So should I cancel my order and look for a better brand.?

The one i linked to is a good one.

...the info in my last post is so if you wont, you can use those links to try and find better deals, if you wonted to try and save more money.

the one i linked to is better then both of those....

both those brands you picked are good brands... but the ennermax is a Single 12v Rail PSU... and the Antec is Dual 12v Rail, like the Fortron i linked to... except the Antec has less Amperage on the 12v Rails.

+ both those you linked to would be louder then the Fortron, because 80mm fans use Higher RPM then 120mm fans.

the Fortron Source has more 12v Amps(witch is better) and usess a Single 120mm fan(120mm fans push more air with slower RPM) means its Quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom