slow boot times

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
ive had this problem for a long time, but i gave up looking because people kept giving me these little fixes for slight performance increases. this is NOT my problem. there is no way that this is a bad performance issue, as load times can be as high as 10 minutes on occasion. this is a REAL problem, i don't want to just shave off a few seconds.

i can remember having this problem as far back as before this summer. since then i've changed the processor and motherboard, so the culprit is not those.

im running windows XP professional 64 bit edition. my problem occurs even on my first reboot of a newly installed, fresh copy of my OS so we can rule out software. anyone have any suggestions?

whats ur CPU speed? That could be the problem- if your computer's specs don't meet the min required by Windows

my hardware specs certainly are not the problem. i have a dual core 4800 overclocked to 2860mhz. completely stable.

okay, now i feel everything is wrong with my computer.!!!!!!!!! this is just so frustrating. the windows boot problems only occur half of the time, but now im having a problem with F.E.A.R. combat freezing up my computer every time i start it, even after a reboot. you know what... im going to put my processor back at stock settings and see if it has anything at all to do with that. i doubt it though. ive run prime95 for 2 days with no errors.

edit: i found that if i click rapidly while the game is launching, it makes it work......... whatever works lol. im just very annoyed at everything today, especially my computer with all it's bugs. i dont care if it EVER works, i just wish i could at least find an explination. i think thats what bugs me the most.

I would follow the bootvis advice and see what the **** windows is locking up on for driver delays.

Recently I had a fellow bring me his computer for a slow bootup time..it was timed at about 7 minutes..I did everything possible within the OS and nothing.

I began poking around in the BIOS and noticed that it had the SATA drive that was installed using a "fake" IDE channel as apposed to say SATA1 and SATA2 ports.

Now normally that would be cool..but he had a REAL IDE hard drive that was the primary master, but it appeared the SATA drive knocked this to the secondary IDE chanel..Now it is all virtual so I am not sure how the **** it did it. Anywho I redid the entire setup..which I began with setting the SATA drive to use SATA port 0, set the IDE drive to use the IDE Primary master and the CD-ROM drive to the IDE Primary slave slot and the secondary IDE chanel left open. Rebooted and the system booted in under 30 seconds..it may be something like that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom