Sister PC problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
well guys let me just tell you i have been hearin my sister like crying to me becasue i did something to her pc..
well heres the story yesterday i decided to slave another HD from another pc so i can reformat it. well when i tryed booting the pc it turned on and it said there was a missing or corupt file not found and and to insert the windows xp disc and do a repair so i tryed and got a error saying setupdd.sys wasnt found or something like that. and i thoguht okay ill just take the slave drive off her pc and just not bother with it and after i tryed starting it i got an error so then itryed to repair the her actually HD with her disc...no go ..so i reformated her drive and no i cant install windows it keeps saying to ctrl+alt + del...can anyone clarfy what i must do to go about geting windows back on becasue now shes useing my pc and i hate it and my dads saying i must get it running..so my sis would really appricate it to get it running again..

THanks a million guys, steve

**any questions please ask!!:cool:

since u formatted her HD,

1.check if the jumpers are correctly set
2.check if the IDE cable isn't on backward
3. now that everything is set, go to the BIOS and set the HD as secondary boot device and the cd rom as primary (the first one)
or u can press F8 to set the boot devices in order

Now just put the OS cd in and install..............

If it still has problems formating, then you may want to try debugging it. Is this a SATA drive? If it is hold up and don't debug yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom