Just need a quick answer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDMA

Solid State Member
Hey just quickly can someone please tell me.. If i install outlook 2003 (pc currently running 2002 outlook express) will everything that is in 02 i.e the adress book and all emails in the inbox/outbox transfer across to 2003? If not is there a way to do this.. ?
Thankyou

yes it should but I would make a pst (backup file of everything) cause it never hurts to have your stuff backed up.

file, import and export, export to a file, next, personal folder file (.pst), select what you want backed up (usually mailbox and make sure to check the include subfoldrs box), next and the rest is self explanitory.

Thanks for that hefe :)
Will all the files i import be compatible with outlook? im assuming yes..
cheers

yes it will. You should be fine with just installing outlook 2003 but this is a great time to have a backup incase your hd fries in the future. contacts can be hard to rebuild if lost. I like to back them up about once every 3 months.

Sorry to be annoying. just one more question.. i am yet to install outlook 03' and am in the process of exporting the adress book etc from outlook exp.
When i go to export it it give me two options- 1. microsoft exchange personal adress book or 2. Text file...
Which one of these should i choose OR should i install 03 first and their will be a 3rd option?
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom