overclocking newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to barge in....however, I too am very intersted in what prog would tell you graphics temps? anyone.....

Integrated RAMDAC just means your card has an integrated RAMDAC. It converts digital to analog signals.

You can disable the onboard graphics chip in your BIOS if you want, but you don't need to. It may save some resources. Currently, you may be running dual monitor without even noticing.
You can also disable it in Windows in hardware management. Right click "My Computer" --> Hardware --> Devices.

Never used nTune.

What is dual monitoring? and in the devices would it be the monitor i have to select? What differecnce could it make?

krazyq said:
What is dual monitoring? and in the devices would it be the monitor i have to select? What differecnce could it make?

If you have both and onboard card, and a seperate card, like your 7600GT, you can connect a monitor to each card. Dual monitors.

If you would want to disable your onboard graphics card in the hardware settings, you have to select the onboard graphics card and disable it. Not the monitor. If you are not sure which one is the onboard card, post a screenshot.

If you disable it in the BIOS is better, though. That way you don't have to do this again when you re-install Windows.

Thanks, I'll do the following once I get home. I wish all this was soo not complicated, but thanks for your help, I will post back with my results.

krazyq said:
Thanks, I'll do the following once I get home. I wish all this was soo not complicated, but thanks for your help, I will post back with my results.

You could buy a console, lol.

Yeh i could, but u cant browse the internet, and multi task as much. I wish i could just pay someone, bring em over and do the work. But hopefully i can learn little by little. Thanks.

I did use to have a PS2...sold it for an Xbox...sold that.
The graphic card i have right now...would it be comparable to an xbox or a xbox 360?

krazyq said:
Yeh i could, but u cant browse the internet, and multi task as much. I wish i could just pay someone, bring em over and do the work. But hopefully i can learn little by little. Thanks.

I did use to have a PS2...sold it for an Xbox...sold that.
The graphic card i have right now...would it be comparable to an xbox or a xbox 360?

I don't know if you can compare that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom