Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - overclocking newbie

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
TheMajor
PowerQuest / Opera

Quote:
Originally posted by krazyq
how much amount would you specify? lik what range and the main question i have, is it really worth to O.C the card. Would i actually notice performance difference?. And during the test how to take image shots?
You can take screenshots by pressing the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Then open Paint and press CTRl+V.

I can't tell you an amount. You can either keep increasing until you hit the limit (by that I mean, increase small amount, test, increase, test).

Or you can ask other owners of the same card with stock cooling how far they got it, but don't put it on that value instantly, start lower!

If overclocking is worth it depends. If all you games run smoothly on the settings you want the games to run, then no, it is not worth it.
If you have a slow system and the performance of you games is not completely satisfying without an overclock, then yes, it may be worth it, but only if it is on the edge.

A game that is terribly slow on default settings will never be smooth on overclocked settings, just a bit smoother. The amount of difference you will notice will differ; it depends on the card, and the game.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.