Please Comment !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_tyme52

Solid State Member
3DMark 06 - just downloaded it and ran it andd, my pc got OK results but they SHOULD be better.

Asus P5GPL-X Mobo
Intel P4 W/HT (Dual Core) 3.0Ghz
1GB Dual Channel DDR
160GB Maxxtor 7200rpm
SoundMax HD Onboard Sound
ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB PCI-E

I got like , averages on 2 demos of 5-13 fps which is actually good for a decent CPU RAM and SINGLE VID CARD. and one demo i was rockin it w/ like 80-95 fps, then the last one was around 23-45 fps. They also ran AA,and AF tests as well. I was average, above, and below. I dont know if i shud get a new CROSSFIRE chipset motherboard, and second video card, or get a new video card, or get more ram ?

I found a few ATI chipset'd mobo's w/ sck 775 for p4 and 2 pci-e slots. I haven't really added what the price would be for all, ram being cheapest (99-140) new video card (200-350) and mobo & second vid card (100-150+250-300) so ... do the math lol. Gimme some insight heer please !!!

I wouldn't say there is a point in Crossfiring unless you have two of the best ATI cards like x1900/x1950. People are probably going to tell you to take out that P4 I would imagine and go either AMD or Core 2 Duo.

thnx 4 replyin ,

if i go AMD which i would probably benefit from i would wait for the new year since the recent merge of ATI and AMD, better things are to come ...

if the core 2 duo comes in a sck 775 then i'm in. i would have to get a new mobo probably which isn't really a big deal , as long as it's asus and cheap in price .

can i get anyone else's suggestions ?

i'm not all into the whole dual core news , but isn't 2.19 ghz somewhat slow these days ? or does the dual core make up for it ..

Well clock speed as in the Ghz number isn't as big of a factor today as it once was.

This is taken from the sticky at the top of these forums:

"THE SHORT STORY
The frequency of a processor is almost irrelevant. The only thing that determines itÂ’s performance is how efficient it is with itÂ’s clock cycles. The Athlon 64 is more efficient than the Pentium 4 so can out perform it at a lower clock speed and the Core 2 Duo is more efficient than the Athlon 64 and can out perform it at a lower clock speed.

Core 2>Athlon 64=Core>Pentium 4"

That's the short saying for it. Nitestick wrote it and did a good job. If you want to read the rest, click this:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=123957

Okay , so i'm prolly gonna invest into this ... since core 2 is the best atm ... i currently have to save for xmas but this would be a deff consideration for after ! i really appreicate the replies, if you have any other tips for me regarding my SYSTEM SPECS as if what i should upgrade ... please ... let me know , i paid 1200 CDN dollars for this bad boy and i want the most out of it . THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom