HDD Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Camouflage__

Daemon Poster
Is there a software I can use that will be able to format a drive WITHOUT burning it to a disk, 'cause I don't have any blank CD's, I only have some blank DVDs and I don't want to waste them on a small file. Thanks for the help.

__Camouflage__ said:
Is there a software I can use that will be able to format a drive WITHOUT burning it to a disk, 'cause I don't have any blank CD's, I only have some blank DVDs and I don't want to waste them on a small file. Thanks for the help.

It was kinda hard to understand what you mean, but I think I figured it out.

You can format your disk using a Windows XP CD (boot from it).

Use the FORMAT command in the XP recovery console (you have to press R at some point to enter recovery console), or simply follow the instructions to install XP (you can choose to format first at some point).

Actually, I was really looking for a software that will write my drive in 0's, sorry I didn't state that. I know I can use Windows CD, but I don't want to hassle with booting it up. I know I can format from within Windows, but it doesn't do the best job.

__Camouflage__ said:
Actually, I was really looking for a software that will write my drive in 0's, sorry I didn't state that. I know I can use Windows CD, but I don't want to hassle with booting it up. I know I can format from within Windows, but it doesn't do the best job.

Try @Active Killdisk or BCwipe. I never used them myself, but they are supposed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom