need help with installing xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
i have xp pro and it installs all the way till it finishes installing networking then it pops up a message saying some files on windows xp professional service pack 2 cd are needed
insert windows xp professional service pack 2 cd into the drive selected below and then click OK. well on the cd is says windows xp professional w/service pack 2 so i dunno what to put in?? can someone help me? btw this is a legit copy of windows.

looked at the disc and it looks fine to me and i have no other cd rom drive i dont get why it would stop and this certain point...

if I recall correctly...my last install of xp i had to go from disc 1, to disc 2, then to disc 1...

not all that helpful but eh...on my way to vista baby :D

well i dont seem to have a second disc i bought this from a college bookstore and it came with windows xp professional w/ service pack 2 then a second cd that said windows xp x64 or something like that so the 64bit version of windows but i tried putting that cd in too and nothing so im not sure

k now its says "the file 'asms' on windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD is needed

Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom