slow boot-up and slower perormance

Status
Not open for further replies.

n30phYte

In Runtime
so i was planning on upgrading my pc yesterday after the parts i ordered came in from newegg. to make a long story short, i got in too big of rush when ordering and flubbed up by ordering the wrong stuff. anywho, i already had my pc broken down and was doing some minor cleaning on the case (dust, etc.)

when i put all of it back together to hold me over until the right parts come in, it acts like it's completely bogged down. everything is running terribly slow. it takes around 5 times longer to boot up and start windows and when it's finally running it takes just as long to open a program, like firefox.

i was pretty careful as to not have any static damage occur. so i dont think that is the problem. can someone give me some ideas to try and fix this.

would my old vid card drivers or anything of that nature be affected if took the card out of it's slot?

try defragmenting ur HD (if needed), update ur drivers, defragment ur registry(dont delete any tho)

a pretty good program to get started is called;
Tuneup Utilities 2006

u can download this off a torrent.

what drivers should i update? and how do i go about defragging my registry?

thx for the reply

finally got it going good enough to start downloading drivers. thanks for the help guys.

one last question. when i start it up now i get a black screen that says "primary ide drive" not found and i dont know why.

any thoughts on that?

1. check the jumpers
2. check if the Ide cable is tightly in the mobo and the HD
3. make sure the IDE is not in backward
4. at this stage i'd suggest using a different IDE cable (might be dead or something might of gone wrong with the HD)

kk sylwek i'll try all that out when i get home from work this afternoon.

i reinstalled all my vid card drivers last night but have yet to check and see if they helped in any way.

btw that tuneup utility program never did work. :(

You can also try resetting you Bios to default after you get another cable in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom