Windows XP SP1 Support Ends Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft is officially ending support for Windows XP Service Pack 1 and SP1a Tuesday, with users being recommended to install SP2 as soon as possible. The move means that no more security updates will be released for the now-obsolete version of Windows.

Windows XP SP2 was released on September 17, 2004, and Microsoft notes that it provided two years of support to SP1 customers since that time. The company traditionally offers only 12 months of support for previous service packs, but because SP2 was a major upgrade to Windows XP, Microsoft opted to give customers additional time for deployment.

Here

talldude123 said:
Well, it looks like it's time to upgrade to SP2.

(Yes, it's slower, but it's still supported!)

Common talldude this should already be installed on your machine, you are better than that I have seen your posts..lol :)

I just isntalled SP1, and it sucks. Computer is slow, my mouse lags and I am having some video playback issues.
I'm gonna try SP2 on my next format, but I want to make sure I can disable this annoying security center. Can I?

If SP2 doesn't run well I will just go back to XP without SP's, like I used for the past 4 years. Never gave me any problems.

Its not about stability its about getting all those ******* security flaws fixed :) you know what I actually think a clean install with XP SP2 embeded ran a lot better than XP SP1 embeded..now simply having XP SP1 and then upgrading to SP2..forget you are done for...slows it down sooooo much.

Security center=the devil..yes it can be disabled..when that time comes just post up a new topic and we will hack the planet there.

As long as I am not getting exploited, which I haven't been in the past 4 years, I prefer stability over security. But I am willing to give SP2 a try.

TheMajor said:
As long as I am not getting exploited, which I haven't been in the past 4 years, I prefer stability over security. But I am willing to give SP2 a try.

You have been exploited for the last 4 years if you never had any updates.

Its just a matter of time before you came i contact with the code for it to run

Warez Monster said:
You have been exploited for the last 4 years if you never had any updates.

Its just a matter of time before you came i contact with the code for it to run

I don't understand what you mean.

Well if MS finds an exploit and issues a patch/fix for it and nobody updates their systems, there system basically is exploited/vulnerable. If may sound better when they say vulnerable because your system hasnt been afftected yet, but it you are vulnerable, your system can be exploited. So you are basically running an exploited copy of XP untill you apply the fixes and SP's, then you are running an updated copy of XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom