reeeaaallllyyy laggy computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna35

In Runtime
My one room mates laptop is really laggy. Like lots of processes that he doesn't need. Spyware and virus's and junk. He has a crap anti-virus thing (norton with outdated definitions and all that kind of stuff) and it is taking up 10 Gigs of his HDD. I installed the school provided virus protection and some other things I use that work very well. I am trying to remove the Norton but it won't let me. I tried thr add/remove programs way and I get a message to the effect of "norton is running and cannot be closed. setup will now exit." I turned norton off. Live updates, protections, everything like that and it still won't let me delete it. I tried deleting it through Explorer but it won't let me there either. Please help!

P.S. I can't do anything like HiJackthis or DL much more stuff on his computer until norton is out. He only has a 33 gig HDD and 10 of it is taken up by Norton and I don't he has room for anything else at this point.

That first one gave me a list of over 100 different random things and the second suggest doing what I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom