clean slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverseiskweled

Solid State Member
I have just gotten sick of trying to repair my comp, so I have just decided to reset it altogether, but one problem stands in my way.

I really don't want to have to redo all my entire iTunes library, so I ask this.

Is there anyway to maintain my library while resetting my comp?
Or will I just plain have to buck up and spend the time puttin gall of my music back on?

actually I have mostly hard copies, (which is not the music I am worried about, although it will be a while to get it back on)

but there is music, that no I have not purchase, but it is on my computer, and then there is of course the music I have borrowed from friends to get on.

so, aside from just getting a ton of cd's to burn, can I maintain the files and clear EVERYTHING ELSE on my comp.

By resetting your computer you mean reformatting? If so, there's no way to just preserve certain files.

YES THERE IS!!! It's called a partition, partition your drive, add all the files you want to keep to the new parition, format the old partition, and reinstall Windows.

meh I suppose, I never thought of that. It still seems like quite a bit of work. It would be easier to burn the files or temporarily transfer them onto another computer or an external HDD, etc.

How much music do you have in all?

__Camouflage__ said:
YES THERE IS!!! It's called a partition, partition your drive, add all the files you want to keep to the new parition, format the old partition, and reinstall Windows.

please elaborate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom