What's the Difference Between these AMD prosesors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimos

In Runtime
I'm purchasing a new computer because my old one crapped. I found a great deal here, http://www.infotechnow.com/shopping/system_lanparty_cust.asp
And I'm not sure what is the difference between these cpus:

This is the one that the computer will normally come with,
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor (Default)

An upgrade,
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor ($30)

Another upgrade,
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor ($80)

I will use my computer for hosting hl2 servers, mainly gmod servers which are much more demanding than css servers.

The 4400+ has higher clock speed and more cache. The 4200+ is the same as the 3800+, just 200mhz faster.

Prices have really come down on desktop computers. You can get a great deal like this one with everything for around that price. But I would still build my own pc rather then buying a a complete. If you dont know much about pcs getting it from manufacture is great but I think for a bit more then that you can have better specs. Not by far or maybe, but def. a better pc overall. Dont get me wrong having manufacture warranty and service but it would also be for individual parts if u were to build one yourself.

Point is, manufacture computers are great for people who have little knowledge about computers or just dont feel like messing around gathering parts and installing them. What Im saying is in some or most cases you are better off building your own computer. You may tend to get carried away and spend more but the specs are better overall.

All this is IMHO.

I built my last one and I really don't wan't to do it again, at least not now. I need to have a new computer as soon as possible because I was working on a huge project that is due very soon.

The 4400 was the one I wanted to get but it was for a S939 and I have a SAM2 :'( I highly sugguest you get the 4400 for that price otherwise your looking to spend a bit over $200 if you do decide to upgrade later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom