Best program for images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam3s-Zer0

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Can anyone recommend me the best software to create an image of my hard drive which I can burn onto a Dvd disk then when I format my hard drive, I can restore the image direct from the disk without needing any other software?

Thanks
James

Yes I am, I obviously only want to create a image of the data on the hard drive not the 50+gb free space :)

Since the clean installation of windows + tweaks + program + files that will be on the Hard drive will only take up ~1Gb its ok.

Ah, that's a different story then. Are you looking to backup only data or also the OS and installed apps? When you say "image" I imagine you mean that you want to put the DVD back in after formatting and recover your system and configs as they were before.

Ah kk, I guess I should of explained it better. Looking to backup the whole OS + apps and ye after formatting put the disk in and recove the system exactly how it was.

Thanks.

Use Acronis or Norton Ghost, you will need to have them compressed to the highest level, then spanned across several dvds

but fresh installation of Windows + all my files + programs only is about 1GB so won't the image be ~1gb?

Also is it possible to restore the image from a disk when the hard drive will be completely formatted?

but fresh installation of Windows + all my files + programs only is about 1GB so won't the image be ~1gb? = It will be more than a gig unless you compress it, which will make it very small

Also is it possible to restore the image from a disk when the hard drive will be completely formatted? = Yes, its called image restore

Ok thanks mate.

So what do you recommend, True Image or Ghost and they both have image restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom