Temperatures. Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
I just built my computer a few days ago and temps read (from 2 sources) that my cpu is idleing at 52-53 C, I even have a Zalman 9500. Shouldnt these temps be lower. How hot is too hot?

Specs.

Artic Silver 5
e6400 Overclocked (2.14 ---> 3.00 ghz)
Zalman 9500

I was thinking of getting a 92 mm fan to blow air right at the Zalman on the side panel of my case. Thanks.

Yea that temp for idling is a bit high especially when you have a zalman. Maybe it's not seated right or the sensor is inaccurate. What are you using to monitor temps?

Well I went through the BIOS and also used the software that came with my ASUS motherboard.

it could also be seated too tightly, i dotn knwo how that thign blots on though, it defiantly shoudlnt even be up that high on load, though i would reapply that right away, if your not the most technical person dont worry about it, but keep it on your todo list, when it hits like 58-61 then you shut it down like asap
and go to as5's site and follow those direction of application if you havent already look at it

me personally, i never knew why those heatsinks that didnt have direct cooling did so well, all it is, is pipes, no direct blades. though it is all copper, so it transfers very well

Yeah maybe Its too tight it spread out the AR5. I never thought of that. Ill check it out. its idleing at 54 right now...DAMMIT

Ok I went to the AR5 website and it talks about the "break in" period, up to 200 hours. Also that the temps can drop 2-5 C during or after that period. Can someone confirm this from experience.

Ok they want me to make a straight line all the way down with the AR5, rather than a dot. I think ill re-apply tommorow, when I have some time.

yes there is a break in period. i experienced the same thing, but now mine idels at 33 C

It can't be to tight. As pressure increases the thermal resistance decreases. The thermal paste is only there to fill in the pits of the metal on the chip and heatsink, it does not increase cooling. You want to use as little as possible. I dab some in the middle then spread out with a razor blade till I have a nice even thin layer.

Good Luck!!!

ive been on other extrememe cooling forums, and many have had problems when their waterblocks are too tight, just wondered since that 9500 is pretty heavy like a waterblcok it might be too tight, but it does have to be pretty tight, like to the point where it twists the motherboard. i guess that would help the as5 but if the mobo was twisted it would only make half contact to the cpu if you get what im sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom