Graphics anomaly, but not graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsona

Beta member
Hi all,

I've this really weird graphics problem where in many 3d games, character rendering has gone totally whack. An example from 3dmark05 here:

When you see it moving, it looks horible, sometimes characters are blinking/transparent.

At first I thought it was a problem with my graphics card, so I took it over to a friends pc which has almost the same hardware as mine, and it ran fine without any weird glitches. What else can I suspect now? I've changed nVidia Forceware from 91.47 to 92.91, and its the same thing. Also, everything is stock, CPU@stock, GPU/Mem @stock (even tried massive underclocking).

Other weird things shown is like on games, some characters will have their arms/legs move up to some really weird positions, and return to normal in a very rapid manner... kinda like flailing limbs. I can play FEAR however, with almost no anomalies, except that lighting sometimes flicker at certain angles(when its not supposed to).

Really hope you can give me some ideas here as I can't solve this on my own. Thanks all.

My system:

C2D e6400
Gigabyte 965P-DS3
1GB Kingston DDR2
Galaxy 7900GS
CM Igreen 500W PSU

I've checked the temperatures on my CPU, GPU, both seem to be ok. CPU is at 50C load, GPU about 65C load. Damaged slot... how likely is that? Has anyone had that kind of problem before?

Thanks

of course people have had that before, that's why i suggested it :p. i myself have had a similar issue on an old AGP slot. i tried three graphics cards and it took me quite some time to figure out how three cards had coincidentally developed the same problem. though come to think of it i have not seen the problem on pci-e but many times on AGP

Before you installed the newest drivers have you upgraged your chipset drivers then had you removed all Nvidia drivers/software first then run a driver cleaner, Then installed the newest drivers?

Ran Driver Cleaner then installed new forcewares. Still the same. Going to try to change my CPU and ram... if its still the same, then its my mobo!

Ok, finally got the chance to test another processor, and it turns out its my CPU... really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom