Need Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
I need your opinions on my decision:
I have been reading a lot of all the forums lately and the OC guides. I found a few things that my Home needs, so money will go to those first.
I want to put the NV silencer fan on my 6800gt. I use this card 95% for BF2. Should I save this money towards an upgrade card? 7950gt? or is it not worth it for what I use my rig for?
second, I think my processor is ok for now...3700+...and I am really leaning towards a bit of OC when I feel comfortable.....but I am adding a Zalman http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373037
Any advice?

are you putting the fan on the gfx card to quiet it? or do you want it cooler to OC. If you are just doing it to do it and the game works fine, dont bother.

Also if you are planning to OC, you need to have good quality memory. And when overclocking, the better the cooling, the better

I am putting the zalman on the cpu to cool it for OC. I am putting the NV Fan on the gfx card to also cool it.
When I am gaming, it seems like everthing is great....and then it slows down. I'll spawn, and it takes like 2 rounds to smooth out. I'll run and it will be like I'm running 400 ping but my ping is actually 45-80 stable. I have not actually checked my gfx temps for:http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324538
....Save for a better card....as in save for the new nVidia G8 series? or save for the 7950? I could not imagine spending 500.00+ for a gfx card only to play games......:(

The 7900GTO Performs better than the 7950. When your game "slows down" it isn't neccesarily your video card. It could be your memory utilization. Honestly, If your going to OC your processor without having to raise your voltage you can use the cooling system you have now if it is effecient. Only reason you would need a better cooling system is if you want to OC it where you would need to raise the voltage. As for the Video card, The zalman fatality seems to work great with mine. I have mine OCed about 7% and it stays around 55C Full load. Hope this helps :)

thank you...and yes it does help. I will look at the gto card as well.....maybe for Christmas!!. Anyhow, what prog are you using to report vga temps?
I do plan OC a bit on my 3700+. Just takes me a while of reading and understanding before I do damage.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom