Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent in a series of rumors about the previously named "Desktop Aurora" purports that the long-awaited animated desktop wallpapers will indeed appear in Windows Vista's final release under the name "Motion Desktop". However, Aurora supposedly won't be the only animated wallpaper to be included with the operating system - it is rumoured that there will be at least three different animated desktops shipping with the upcoming OS.

The versions of Vista (or rather SKUs) that will include the new wallpapers are currently unknown, along with the customizability degree for the user. Given the rapidly approaching finalization date for Vista, it is entirely possible that testers will never see this feature before Windows Vista RTM's.

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=6212

Vista doesn't boot for me. :( It restarts with a blue screen which says physical memory dump along with a screen full of other information. Anything I can do?

Anyone got any ideas? I have it working in last known good config but wondered why this happened.

vista-1.jpg

well, the physical memory dump i had on my XP...it just away. If you are OCing anything i reccomend putting it down to stock settings....

Yeah, it is overclocked AMD 64 3000 @ 2.2ghz (got bored of overclocking) The RAM is on a divider to just below stock. This is prime stable (for about 4 hours until I got bored again.)

I'll run Prime again.

Edit: when I go back into XP. :eek:

Vista doesnt like ANYTHING Overclocked. So restore to factory settings and Vista should work for you.

ok. it took an hour of try to load windows mail at initial startup before I turn it off.

I'll try again tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom