Ram slot broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
I was putting my RAM back in and I could get one side of it in but the other side wouldnt budge. I managed to get one stick in by putting almost my hole bodyweight into pushing it down. The other stick didnt work out so well, the think that holds it in broke and it wont stay in properly. Now is RAM sticks usually this hard to get in?

Also I have 2 pairs of slots, the sticks were on the right of both, could I just put them both on the left

Make sure that your putting it in the right way.... Sounds to me like your breaking them. They should go in smoothly.

Hm they wouldnt, I tried putting them in both ways and I made sure there in the slot and aligned good

the best way to insert ram is to take the mobo out and place it on a flat surface, then push the ram down evenly

...ah, ok doesnt look like many here have expereince with different boards.

yes, some motherboards have stiffer slots then others.

) if your shur you have the right type of Ram and you alligne it correctly, then move to the next step bellow.

) on stiff slots, i found the easys way is to... alignt it in the slot(as close to 90degrees vertical fromt he board as you can get it).. but then only push one side in at a time

(you will not beable to push it in from the center of the ram stick, just the 2 corners)

(keep your hands on both sides though so to keep the ram stick strait.... You can push in each corner at a time so it goes in unevenly from left to right... But if you dont push it in totally Vertical from the Motherboard, you will have a Very difficalut time, and it may not go in at all.... so make shur the Ram Stick isnt Tilted at an angle at all b4 pushing any corner In, and it will still take a little forcefull persuasion but it should go in smoothly.)

Note - though it sometimes takes a little force to get computer connections to go in all the way.... DO NOT use too much force.... If something doesnt go in correctly the first second or 2 that you use more force then you think you should use... then stop imediatly and figure out what might be the prob b4 you break something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom