e6400 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Im not new to OC, but im not an expert either. Im thinking my cpu is running a little to hot for what it should be. Idle it was around 38 C, right now i got it at 2.6ghz, but its idle'n around 46 C. Could it be my paste? does it go bad? becasue it is farely old.

You know what, I was thinking the exact same thing. My temps are the exact same almost. I think were fine. I even have a Zalman 9500 on mine and I overclocked to 3 ghz.

Yeah we probably are. Im just a little weary becasue i've been seeing what everyone elses is running at like 20s and so on.

I think i'll just buy some new as5 and see if that helps, if not invest in a new new cooler, and maybe a new case. My case use to run my 3200+ and 6800gt fairly hot at 45-48/60-70 C respectively.

Well, I have an AthlonXP 1800+, and my temps are 41ºC idle, 48ºC load. So unless, the E6600 has a worse manufacturing process, I think it can survive with those temps, even in the long run. What's your load temp, tho?

Load for me is nearing 60 C, idle around 50 C. I still need to get 3 more fans for my case though, maybe that will help.

ThirdLeft152 said:
load is somewhere around 40-42 C with no oc
load with oc is around 48-51 C

That sounds fairly good, I don't think you should worry (even with OC). It never hurts to get better ventilation.

To show you this, I made an experiment. I launched SpeedFan, and let the CPU temperature graph run for 5 mins. I then removed my side panel, and let it run for another 5 mins. This is what I got:

tempsup3.jpg

I have a back fan but not a side fan, so as you can see, removing the side panel improves airflow by a large margin.

EDIT: I'm not saying to remove your side panel! I'm saying to get more case fans, try to improve ventilation. It does make a large difference.

i have 1 top fan, 1 back fan, and 1 side fan, im not sure how many more i could get lol?

im pretty sure my case isn't the best for venting either though.

well yea sounds odd, my old fellow the sempron which i OCed from 1.8 to 2.16 only got up to 37 when idling.... and when loaded around 45... at the begining it was 24 with no overclock and AMDs fan ect,.... but maybe its ur cpu fan... i had a AMD boxed fan and it ran my cpu at 27c and as soon as i changed that to a Alpine ac cooler with a huge 80mm fan and big metalic thingys... the temperature went form 27 to 30ish... which actually odded me out... so yea seems like u got something with the cooler it hink???:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom