GAAAH!! lost cd key

Status
Not open for further replies.
k my xp install recently died on me, so i went to reinstall, but i couldnt find the key. i already formatted the hdd, so is there any way to get the install key from the cd? i have tried using the key from my dads disk to continue installing, but it says invalid product key. i havent even gotten do desktop yet. ittl ask for the cd key, but i dont have it. any sugestions?

You can modify your copy of XP to accept different types of keys (retail, OEM, vlk, etc) I dont know if its legal or not, but I know it exists, so do a bit of searching, and get yourself a CD+RW and get to work! :p

Humm. Probably illegal, but here goes (if someone deems this illegal or that it shouldnt be posted, let me or a mod know and it will be removed)

Experiment and see.

Yea it is illegal, sorry guys, but you know the rules. If you want to help a follow techy out, just don't do it here on TF if it's illegal. We want to protect the integrity of this forum.

Always backup your CD key and a copy of your disc, then you wouldnÂ’t have this problem.

May I reccomend you try a beta Vista RC2 install instead? At least you have a OS that is capable of gaming and shouldn't be too far off XP pace. You will need to buy it in June though so get saving. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom